Wednesday, August 29, 2012

LAIDOH Resturaunt - Toronto

One of the things I remember when I was growing up and visiting my grandparents in Hong Kong was what my mom called, "Hong Kong Breakfast".  This was not dim sum, but actually an interesting combination of breakfast cultures.  There would be congee, and fried noodles, but the main type of food was macaroni soup, or instant noodles served with ham and a fried egg.  This sounds very weird to most, I am sure, but for me, it brought back a flood of memories when my mom told me that you could now get this in Toronto.

The place is in the Splendid China mall across the street from the Pacific Mall.  It's a small place, but it opens early enough to have breakfast.  The place reminded me quite a bit like a Hong Kong Diner.  Mom and the "boss" had congee while dad and I had the noodles, meat and ham.  This all came with some buttered toast as well.  The service was good, since we were the only ones there bright and early, the place was clean and the food was what I expected.  The noodles are instant noodles, as they should be, and the congee was good as well.

The cost for food here was very cheap and cash only.  The food did its job at bringing back memories of Hong Kong.  For a cheap, Hong Kongs style breakfast, I will be back for sure!

Review (out of 5):
Food: * * *
Value: * * * * 
Atmosphere: * * * 
Service: * * * *
Price Range: $10 - $25


No comments: