Monday, July 02, 2012

Beckta

Our love of food this night brought us to a small place called Beckta. Recommended by a friend and rated VERY high on the fine dinning lists, we decided to try them out. The restaurant is a small converted house, very well decorated. The atmosphere was done up with a bit of a modern flare with a small hint of rustic.  Unfortunately, it took me a while to actually write up this post, so many of the finer details have already escaped me.  I did want to make note of this place of what did stick in my mind.

We had a tasting menu made by Chef Michael Moffat and it was very good.  I remember being wowed from the presentation to the flavour and tastes.  The wine parings we had matched up perfect with the meals, which also ended with a wonderful cheese plate.

The service was top notch without being intrusive.  Each wine was described to us about location and flavour.  

I know this is a short and not super informative post, but I did want to give credit where credit was due.  This is a place that I do want to go back.  Chef Moffat has already opened up a second restaurant called Play which is on the list of places we will be checking out.

Review (out of 5):
Food: * * * * 1/2
 Value: * * * *
Atmosphere: * * * *
Service: * * * * 1/2
Price Range (dinner): $30-$185 (8 course tasting with wine parings)
Website: http://www.beckta.com/

2 comments:

Steve Beckta said...

Thanks for all of the very kind words Dan. I'm thrilled that you had such a good time at Beckta and I loved your writeup. I hope I get a chance to meet you next time you are in for dinner. Feel free to drop me a line for a reservation next time sbeckta@beckta.com

Many thanks,

Steve

Unknown said...

Hi Steve,

Thanks for visiting. I do hope to take you up on your offer and be back soon.

All the best,

~Dan